1) Buy what you need. Every business has different CCTV needs. Some don’t need CCTV at all. Banks need top-level CCTV and a hair stylist may need only a few cameras. Before getting a quote, you must consider your objectives.
2) Locate cameras correctly. Is the camera in the right position? Do you want to record the face or back of the head? Cameras for monitoring purposes should be higher than eye level so they can see more. Cameras for identification and recognition should be at eye level so the best image of the face is captured.
3) Buy the right camera and lens. Make sure you can choose the right lens first! Some people who try to do it themselves buy CCTV packages off a shelf. These packages usually have 4 cameras, all with the same wide lens, which can’t be adjusted. Wide lenses can only monitor. They can’t be used for recognition and identification, because they do not give a clear image of the person. Evidence without recognition and identification quality images will not stand up in court.
4) Buy the right Digital Video Recorder (DVR). If the recording of live pictures is required then a higher specification of resolution – image quality – is required of the DVR. Cameras have four different technical levels of resolution. Resolution quality must be balanced against recording speed to achieve higher specification objectives.
5) Don’t try to do it yourself! EMF Power is a full-service electrical contractor performing an extensive array of services, including CCTV installation and maintenance. Our highly skilled and professional staff can accommodate virtually any request – commercial or residential – in a timely and cost-effective manner. As a licensed, bonded and insured company, EMF Power employs a staff that is experienced in both medium- and low-voltage jobs. We are also well versed in CCTV repair and provide on-going maintenance and support for businesses and homes with CCTV technology.
Through continuous and unparalleled training and support, we ensure the safety and quality of our work. Whether you’re in the market for a one-time home CCTV job or a continuous commercial contract, you can be sure that the professionals at EMF Power will provide you with the most comprehensive, full-service offering available.
Call EMF Power today for a no-obligation consultation and free quote. We look forward to displaying our attentiveness and dedication to customer service, support and satisfaction. Call EMF Power today!
By: alex britva
Follow Alex on Google
At EMF Power, we consult Chicagoland and North Shore homeowners on the safety and efficiency of their homes. Our skilled technicians work with the highest level of professionalism and integrity. Contact EMF Power for all your electrical needs at home, at your commercial property or your industrial property.
3665 Woodhead Drive
Northbrook, IL 60062