Many homeowners find themselves asking this question. But the real question is: do you want to be one of the 53,000 homes that are destroyed each year by electrical fires?
Your home can last over 100 years. However, over these 100 years, rooms and appliances are added and upgraded, leaving your current electrical system in a state of overload.
By keeping your electrical panel replaced and up-to-date, you are ensuring that it is equipped to meet your energy needs and protect your family and home.
To find out if you need to replace or update your electrical panel, ask yourself these questions?
- Is your electrical panel overloaded with breakers or fuses?
- Are you adding a big appliance like a new refrigerator, or replacing a heat pump?
- Do your breakers constantly trip?
- Do your fuses constantly blow out?
- Do your lights flicker when you turn on the air conditioner or any other large appliance?
- Do your light bulbs burn out quickly?
- Are you adding an addition to your home?
- Do you need more outlets?
- Do you use several extension cords?
- Are you adding a sauna or hot tub?
- Do you need a GFCI installed in your kitchen or in any bathrooms?
- Is your homeowner’s insurance making you upgrade your electrical system?
- Do you need a 240 volt circuit?
- Do you need to upgrade to a surge protector panel?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, it may be a warning sign that it is time to upgrade or replace your electrical panel.
Getting an electrical inspection to check the operation of your electrical system can help prevent electrical emergencies before they occur. Your electrical panel should be inspected for loose wiring and potential systematic failures at least every 2 years.
At EMF Power, we consult with Chicagoland and North Shore homeowners on the safety and efficiency of their electrical panels. Our skilled technicians work with the highest level of professionalism and integrity. Contact us today for a review of your electrical panel.
By: alex britva | Follow Alex on Google
At EMF Power, we consult Chicagoland and North Shore homeowners on the safety and efficiency of their homes. Our skilled technicians work with the highest level of professionalism and integrity. Contact EMF Power for all your electrical needs at home, at your commercial property or your industrial property.
3665 Woodhead Drive
Northbrook, IL 60062